Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Gail (aka nightsongs)

I finished this almost two weeks ago, but I'm not a big fan of blocking, so I didn't get around to it until yesterday. I love what blocking does, it's magical really, but I hate actually doing it. I really want a blocking table, if I had one, I'd probably block immediately after I cast off.

Pattern: Gail (aka Nightsongs)
Yarn: Cylon yarn I won in a bonus mission for BSGFPB, it's by Christina Marie Potter.
Needle Size: 4mm
Total time: 5 hours
About the pattern: I found it to be incredibly confusing, and would have given up on it if it weren't for the unchart which I find really funny because I hate written instructions and would much rather follow a chart. It worked nicely though so I'm not complaining. It's a really nice pattern, and I loved walking into the blocking process because I never really appreciated the pattern as I was working on it because it's so hard to see.

As you can see, I had to bind off in red. I also had to bind off several rows before it actually ended, even though I had more yarn than what was called for. It's either a yardage issue, or gauge really is important. It's a a bit short, but it's still wearable, and I actually really like the red bind off now.
The yarn is fabulous, all of Christina's yarns are, I don't think she has any cylon yarns still available, but she does custom orders. It's this one, if you're interested in a custom order of it. I love how it worked up, it almost looks like a centurion with blood spattered on it.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely Gail - such an unusual colour choice.....but its stunning! So pleased that you found the unchart helpful :)